Independent Christian Voice

Wednesday

Words of a false prophet

From Ellis Henican in Newsday:
It must be in here somewhere, but darned if I can find it - the single, powerful Bible verse that would explain everything today. For a couple of hours now, I've been scouring my New Testament, looking for the part where Jesus says we should send out hit squads to assassinate foreign political leaders. Thirteen years of religious education with nuns, brothers and priests! How could I have completely missed this? I found the stuff about loving our enemies. I came across the passage about turning the other cheek. I even spotted some words that seemed to say that meek people are blessed. What's up with that? But where on earth is the murder-foreign-leaders verse? Don't the rest of us deserve the same divine guidance that the Rev. Pat Robertson gets? > more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home